Trang

Thứ Tư, 13 tháng 12, 2023

4837. Đạo Hữu Dương Xuân Lương trình bày với UN (8-12-2023)



Dec-8-2023.

Dear Sirs/Ma’am:

My name is Luong Xuan Duong.  

I am America citizen. I live in Carrollton, TX  75010, United States.

I swear by Cao Dai Tien Ong Dai Bo Tat Ma Ha Tat that the evidence I shall give shall be the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.


1) Exhibit 1: I wrote in Vietnamese and have Google Translation. My sister Victoria helped to correct the contents.

2) I am here to testify in front of you as a witness and as a victim of consciousness by the Communist Vietnam. Since occupying South Vietnam, they have condemned the Cao Dai dignitaries as treason, the Cao Dai ideology as anti-communist and the Cao Dai religion as wanting to overthrow the communist government. The Communists imprisoned most of our religious leaders and took over our Holy See. They wanted to abolish the Cao Dai religion established in 1926.

In 1996 they arrested me and put me in jail without a trace or a lawyer. In prison I started my peaceful protest by fasting for 40 days. Because they want to capture more of my brothers and sisters, they don't want to kill me yet.

Fortunately, the US Government wants to trade with Vietnam and looks into all cases in Vietnam of imprisonment if related to Religious Freedom or Human Rights. The Vietnamese Communists released me after 30 months of detention.

In 2008, because I wanted to pray at the Holy Temple, they brought the police to surround my house to arrest me. Luckily, I wasn't home so they couldn't catch me and issued an arrest warrant. I tried to escape Vietnam for 8 years. In 2016, I fled to Cambodia and then went to Thailand to seek asylum. In 2017, the US government helped me, so I was able to go to America.

Please refer to the detail in my written testimony statement in both Vietnamese and English.

Today, I finally have an opportunity to share with you about the injustice, I have been through because of my faith. My religion, CaoDai 1926, teach us not to participate in a politic and armed forces.

We believe that the United Nations will support and bring the Justice to All as Human Rights 75 Initiative:

“Together, let’s rejuvenate the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, demonstrate how it can meet the needs of our time AND advance its promise of freedom, equality and justice for all”.

This statement encouraged me to come forward and testify as a victim of consciousness of the Communist of Vietnam.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Luong Xuan Duong.

 

 Bản Tiếng Viêt.